tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 13:46:38 2001

RE: K'Zhen Zu-Merz

I was thinking of it more as:

	| b | e | ' | r | aw | n |

basically as I believe/d aw is mentioned in TKD as acting like a vowel
itself eg it can take a glottal stop after the <w> in <aw> which it couldn't
do without the <a>(e.g. chImlaw')

	aw = ow as in English cow

	or as I used it Brown

The qe'San was because I didn't want to use Jon and Sean is classed as
equivalent to Jon (so I understand) which I transliterated to <San> .
Everyone I knew at the time was starting their Klingon names with <k'>  so I
thought <qe'San>.  I'm not sure that if I did it today I would of made my
name <qISan bIrawn> but I've grown accustomed to it now and it is a name.

As to K'Zhen Zumerz a possible transliteration not involving S and looking
at the Zu-Merz rather than the Summers could be QIven Sametlh as the rz
gives a sort of <ts> type sound.

Sorry I forgot we're transliterating Gennie... Maybe jIynnIy

	as  Iy = ey as in English KEY

So would be <jIynnIy>

However TOO many people know you as K'Zhen Zu-Merz Gennie so it's probably
wise to stay with it.

Qapla'

qe'San

Back to archive top level