tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 11 16:28:52 2001

Voyager Names

 >>From: "TPO" <[email protected]>
Subject: tonight's Voyager
As many of you already know by now, tonight's Voyager was about Klingons.

>The word they used for "Messiah"...
They pronounced it as - quva maH
Closed-captioning wrote it as - Kuvah'Magh

>Subject: Re: tonight's Voyager

>(lengwI'pu' HoD Da'a' Avery Brooks?)

A couple of people have mentioned the above to me.  'ach "credits"Daq 'angbe' "Avery Brooks"

>I interpreted what I heard as being amusingly close to {quv'a' magh}.
"She betrays the high honor."
--
>laghvaD "DuneHchugh tlhIngan be', 'ach boneHbe' SoH vaj cha' DuH neH
Daghaj...yIngagh pagh yIHoH." 'e' ja' Qel.  'ach latlh DuHmey tu'lu'.
"bIrchoH SuvwI' 'Iw!" 'e' ja'laH -Kim-.

>I notice someone called Tom Paris "nuch".  It wasn't pronounced correctly, but at least someone opened a Klingon dictionary.

For those keeping a list of Klingon names, we may add:

Kholar HoD
T'Greth
Ch'Rega (given in the end credits)
L'naan (B'Elanna's grandmother) daughter of Krelik
Kolax, son of Amar
Jalij, daughter of K'Rene
Emperor Mur'eq

Gennie Summers