tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 09 07:42:13 2001

Re: Help KLBC

RNButler wrote:

I'll let the BG help you with the grammar...

: ______ tlhe' jej'a' mIn
:
: I am trying to say The keener eye turns inward, but couldn't find the words
: for keen so I assumed sharper would fit the bill

{jej} "be sharp" is fine.  In fact, we learned in KGT that {jej pach} "The claw
is sharp" is an idiom meaning the food is pungent - that is, good.  The
opposite quality {jejHa'} "be dull" is also slang for "be bland".  Also,
there's a proverb you may find relevant:

  leghlaHchu'be'chugh mIn lo'laHbe' taj jej
  A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye. TKW

: and couldn't find the word for inward.

{qoD}   "inside, interior" (n.)
{botlh} "center, middle" (n.)

These nouns work like {Dung}, {bIng}, etc.  Cf. TKD (p.27):

  "An English preposition need not be a part of the translation.
   Klingon {Dung} means 'area above', and {DungDaq} is 'overhead',
   literally something like 'at the area above'."

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level