tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 08 19:17:10 2001

Re: post

> Valerie:
> >I've just started learning Klingon and have studied the pronunciations
> >noticed in a couple of the e-mails I received today that the letters "h,"
> >"g," and"Z" were used. I did not find these letters in TKD.

Voragh:
[...]
> As for Z, I have no idea what you're talking about.  How about quoting a
> bit of the problematic text for us to examine?

She's probably referring to people's names, such as this:

> Gennie Summers
> K'Zhen Zu-Merz
> Klingon Strike Force

Valerie, as Voragh said, people may write their names in whatever way
they choose, and not everyone follows Okrand's transcription system.
(There are even some people who got their Klingon names before
Okrand devised tlhIngan Hol.)

--
De'vID