tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 05 02:23:15 2001

quotes from The Simpsons

Since people are talking about The Simpsons, here's a bunch of
miscellaneous quotes I've translated from that show.
As usual, comments/suggestions/corrections are welcome.

reH Hegh nuvpu'.  Qu'vatlh, wa'leS bIvemchoHDI' bIHeghpu' 'e' Datu'laH!
						-- Homer Simpson
People die all the time.  Why, you could wake up dead tomorrow!
(Homer says this to Bart after Krusty "dies".)

qoHpu' Huch SuqmeH taymey taQ, bommey taQ je 'oH lalDanqoqvam
chu''e'.  DaH, loSmaHlogh joH'a' bom mabom, 'ach mabompa', Huch
boSmeH ngaSwI' wIteb.
						-- Rev. Lovejoy
This so-called new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and
chants designed to take away the money of fools.  Now, let's say the
Lord's Prayer forty times, but first let's pass the collection plate.
(Rev. Lovejoy says this in church after most of Springfield's people
have been drawn away by a UFO cult.)

(I don't remember the exact episodes where I got these next ones
from...)

vImaqta' 'ej vImaqqa': DevwI' luwIv nuvpu' net chaw'DI', QapHa' qum.
I've said it once and I'll say it again: democracy just doesn't work.
						-- Kent Brockman

toH... paqDaq tu'lu'chugh, vaj teHbej.
Geez... If it's in a book, it's gotta be true.
						-- Milhouse

--
De'vID