tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 10 07:52:39 2001

RE: New Guy

Philip said:

> I'm I'm Philip, I've only just started learning Klingon through the potal
> course (which I'm downloading). It'll take me a while to remember
> everything
> (My mind has a way of putting things on the tip of my tounge to laugh at
> me), I'm getting the KLD soon (when i find somewhere that sells it
> here).Just email me to say anything, I never seem to open AOL.
> Why do I feel like I'm at an AA meeting?

Welcome to the list, Philip! I'm taD, the current Beginner's Grammarian.
It's
my job to help beginners here with Klingon. You can add the letters "KLBC"
to your subject line whenever you want me to check your work, or if you have
a question about how to say something in Klingon. If you're a little unsure
whether you said something properly in Klingon, you can also include what
you were trying to say, in English. This will make it easier for me to make
sure that you say what you are trying to say.

The Klingon Dictionary (TKD) is essential for speaking Klingon. The Postal
Course explains the basic grammar so that you can understand it, but TKD
includes detailed explanations of the grammar, and a lot of vocabulary words
which aren't given in the Postal Course.
Another very useful source of information is the book "Klingon for the
Galactic Traveler" (KGT). It includes additional vocabulary, and new
grammatical information that wasn't included in TKD.

Qapla'!

- taD

Back to archive top level