tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 24 10:37:22 2001

Re PMS / QQr ( 12062)

At 06:00 AM 12/24/01 +0000, you wrote:

>Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:37:04 -0500
>Subject: RE: Explicit language warning
>> nuqneH,
>
>nuq vIneH jIH?
>jIQoj vIneH.  tInbogh juH chu' vIneH.  tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' vIneH.
>
>Caution, nuqneH doesn't mean "hello".

I stand corrected.

>> I was told once that the worst thing you could encounter during a Con,
>> is to be confronted by a female Klingon warrior with PMS.
>> I know that a female warrior is vajbe' ,
>
>Curious; where do you know this from?
>be' SuvwI' - Female warrior (two words, not one word)

Since you can use puqbe' for daughter, or rather female child, I assumed
the use was legit. I checked it at pojwI' HIDjolev 3.0, and it came up with
the

right answer. Therefore I use it.

>> but how would I translate PMS?
>We don't know enough about the Klingon body.  Do klingon females go through
>PMS?

Ask them. :)
Hmmm, can we create a Klingon smiley?

>But, putting that question aside and sticking with the fun...
>Because we don't have the specific terms for this kind of stuff, the best we
>could probably do is give a description.

>nbp - naSlI'bogh be' poH - the period of time of a woman which is being
>vicious.

>Maybe a female (someone with experience) can come up with something better.

I asked the question to a friend of mine.
He suggested "QeH Qogh rop".
I am at a loss, here. Would that be accurate?

SuvjoH

Back to archive top level