tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 19 22:10:33 2001

RE: KLI MUSH (was Re: language-less in San Diego)

ja' DloraH:
>...Here on the
>e-mail list you can take your time writing and reading a message.  On the
>MUSH you exercise your brain to work faster because your on live.

lugh DloraH.  naDev bIjeStaHvIS, ram poH.  QIt bIlaDchugh, SaH 'Iv?  QIt
bIghItlhchugh, Sov 'Iv?  'ach HeH vengDaq [the MUSH was set in a settlement
named "Bordertown", or {HeH veng}] Suja'chuqDI', potlhchoH QummeH DolIj.
bImoDnISbe', 'ej QIt DaQumchugh roD bepbe' vay', 'ach bIqeqchugh DolIj
DaDubbej.

The extra interactivity when there's someone *right there* to respond to
you *right now* makes a very real difference.  Reading and writing notes is
one kind of communication.  Give-and-take conversation, even with online
text-based chat, is quite another.

Of course, it is still only a pale shadow of actually talking with people
face to face.  One of the first things I realized about *speaking* Klingon
is that there's no backspace key. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level