tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 16 20:14:36 2001

RE: KLBC: jInajtaHvIS wanI' le'

> HISlaH. je rut jIvem 'e' vInaj, 'ej vaj jIvem, 'ej QongtaHpu' 'e' vItlhoj.
> povam vInaj.
>
> Yes. Also, sometimes I dream that I have woken up, and then I wake up and
> realize that I was asleep. I dreamed that this morning.

If je is being used to modify a verb, it follows the verb.  TKD p55.

Hmm, I'm trying to remember if we use naj intransitively because that's how
it is, or if we were just being safe because we don't know for sure what it
is.
We do have canon for naj:
"May you encounter Kahless in your dreams."
bInajtaHvIS qeylIS Daghomjaj.

vaj - thus, so, in that case, then
It looks like you are using "then" as in sequence.  That would be ghIq
"then, subsequently; sequential", or maybe even ngugh "then, at that time".

Whom do you realize is still sleeping?  Include prefix on Qong.

When using "today" as the subject or object, I recall MO saying use jajvam;
when it is a time stamp you use DaHjaj.  This probably affects your last
sentence.  I would have written this [DaHjaj po ...]

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level