tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 16 19:31:20 2001

RE: "About" and "too"

> Is there a Klingon equivelant to "about"? As in, "I was talking
> about . . ." or "That's what you said about . . ."

There are different ways to handle this, depending on how it's being used,
many of which might use two sentences.
You could utilize words like qel, Del, QIj, or the suffix -'e'.
Rewrite the english in a way that doesn't use the word about.

"I was talking about Kor killing the tribble"
yIH HoH qor 'e' vIQIj

"I was talking about the ship"
Duj vIDel

etc.

> Also, how do you say that something is too [whatever], as in "It
> is too cold," or "It is too dangerous," etc.?

MO gave us these words after KGT.  They are in the New-Words list on the KLI
site and in HolQeD Sep 99.

tlhoy (adverb) - overly, to an excessive degree, excessively, too much.

'Iq (verb) - be too much, be too many.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level