tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 16 01:06:48 2001

Re: language-less in San Diego

ja' taD:
>...If you really want to have a fun time and
>practice & learn the language, then you should start saving your money and
>planning your schedule so that you can go to the {qep'a'}.

jIQochbe'.  Attending qep'a' is the single best thing you can do to enjoy
Klingon as a living language.  {The MUSH came in a close second -- if I had
the spare time, I'd be pushing hard to get it back online.)

>Although there will be fluent Klingon speakers there, I'm sure that they'll
>patiently practice with you. Of course, there'll also be others who are just
>beginners, so don't feel that you'll be the only non-expert there. In fact,
>I believe that you can sign up for a special Beginner's workshop for the
>qep'a' this year.

It would be marvelous if enough people attended to permit a two-track
conference, with both beginners and "fluents" getting what they need
without inconveniencing the other.  That hasn't been possible so far, but
taD is right: the more skilled speakers do accommodate the beginners.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level