tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 03 23:48:47 2001

RE: KLBC: jInajtaHvIS wanI' le'

> reH poDaq qaS wanI'vam.

po is not a physical location.  Here it is a time stamp.  It does not take
the -Daq suffix.

> paS 'ej jiQongtaHvIS qaS wanI'.
> It happens when I sleep late.

"It is late, and the event occured while I was sleeping."

> *5th grade*Daq jIHDI' wa'DIch qaS.

Again, -Daq is for physical location.
-DIch is for creating ordinal numbers and follow the noun.  We don't know
yet if they can modify verbs.

> DuSaQpa'Daq vIghoSchoH,

The direct object of ghoS (destination) doesn't need to have -Daq.
You should leave DuSaQ pa' as two words.  As far as compound nouns, use only
what MO has given us.

> Sovlaw' maqochwI'.
> My friend apparently knew it too.

To make the klingon match the english more closely, you can put je after the
verb.  TKD p55 "... when it follows a verb, it means - also, too."

> Hagh maqochwI' 'ej DuSaQpa'Daq maghoS.
> My friend laughed and we went inside.

When ghoS isn't using a direct object it means that the moving is taking
place at/in the locative.
pa'Daq maghoS - you are in the room, moving around.
The english "we went inside" could be done with 'el.
pa' wI'el

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level