tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 03 23:19:16 2001

RE: KLBC: jInajtaHvIS wanI' le'

> rut jInajtaHvIS jInaj 'e' vISovpu', 'ach not wanI'mey vISeHta'.

A rule that many don't like, but is still a rule... we can't put a type 7
suffix on the verb after 'e' (TKD p66).

Now I read this as "sometimes I know that I dream while I'm dreaming."
'e' refers to the previous (separate) SENTENCE. I would write this as:
jInaj  rut jInajtaHvIS 'e' vISov

> jIQongDI', SIbI' jInaj 'e' vISov.

Similar situation here.  SIbI' is attached to jInaj; your english has it
attached to vISov.

> 'ej juHDajDaq vIyIt.

We don't know if yIt can work like ghoS.  I believe it doesn't take an
object.
jIyIt.  juHDaj vIghoS.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level