tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 03 02:42:13 2001

RE: opening banquet

Lieven:
>> Drinks are not included in the banquet fee, that's not usual here.
>> Another interesting difference to the USA: there is no "refill" for
>> your coke or any drink. When it's empty, you have to order (and pay
>> for) another one.

charghwI':

> There are some among us who will likely be appalled by this news,
> though for me, it makes little difference. It's just sweetened
> battery acid anyway... I'll probably be looking for the most
> un-American beverages I can find. In this, I seem to be unique
> among Klingonists.

*beljumDaq 'ojlu'DI', ghaytan roD tIr HIq qaq law', HaQchor pey qaq puS. Deb
vIDabmo', Soj law' vItlhutlhtaH. *beljumDaq jIHtaHvIS, ghaytan bIQ law', HIq
puS je vItlhutlh.

> . . .

> I welcome the differences in our cultures and hope to explore
> many of them. Of course, I'll be leaving the US at 7:10pm,
> flying for 7 hours, 45 minutes and arriving in Brussels at
> 8:05am. That means my body will believe that it is actually
> 2:05am, despite all that sunshine. So, after that rather short
> night, wandering around until what my body will likely interpret
> to be early afternoon, I expect the banquet to be rather surreal,
> even without all those Klingon uniforms and makeup.

> With reality like this, who need drugs?

> Okay, I'll coin a new term:

> Recreational Reality. I expect to find a lot of that in Brussels.

Do' qep'a' vIjaHpa' be'nalwI' be'nI' vISuch. vaj *beljumDaq jIpawDI' ghaytan
lIS'eghpu' porghwIj. 'ach bIlugh: ghaytan Dajqu' ram wa'DIch 'uQ'a'.

pagh

Back to archive top level