tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 25 23:02:14 2001

Re: Learning vocabulary

ja' JaHinta':
>I have the same problem, especially since I don't have much time for the
>language.

bIqeqQo'chugh bItlhetlhbe' net Sov.

If you don't spend the time practicing, you won't progress.  That's just
the way it is for most people.

>That not all too many words refer to the daily life we have makes it
>harder.

qaD ghurmoHbej ngoDvam, 'ach QatlhmoHbe'law'.  qech pIm DaqellaH.
mu'tlheghmey val Da'oghlaH.  qaD yItIv!

It adds to the challenge, certainly, but I don't think it makes it
significantly more difficult.  It just means you have to talk about
something you wouldn't otherwise have talked about, or find creative
metaphors for certain concepts.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level