tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 17 21:09:24 2001

Re: HolQeD-Closed Captions

ja' DloraH:
>The HolQeD article about the closed captions from the latest klingon episode
>"Prophecy" mentions Neelix offering to teach Tuvok a klingon drinking song
>he has just learned.
>  This is interesting considering the previous klingon episode "Barge of the
>Dead" had the Voyager crew singing that same song. (and isn't this the same
>song Worf sang on DS9?)

It is indeed the same song.  Worf and Huraga (an old friend of Worf's
father) sang it together in "Way of the Warrior" just before Huraga
revealed the Empire's plans for war.  (There's a picture of Huraga on page
14 of TKW.)

The novelization of that episode gave this translation:

        And the blood was ankle deep...
        And the River Skral ran crimson red
          On the day above all days
        When Kahless slew evil Molor dead!

>  But the HolQeD artical couldn't make anything of this song...

I can make out lots of individual words, but they're not very well
arranged.  The third line has {...jaj law' moch jaj puS}; I think it's
pretty impressive that the author actually tried a {law'/puS}, even if it
came out garbled.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level