tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 12 22:13:22 2001

Re: Reply to SarrIS

jIjangpa' jImImta'.  pubHa'meH 'IwwIj jIloSta'.  jIjangtaHvIS jInaS
vIneHbe'.  qul vIje' vIneHbe'bej.  'ach pe'vIl muSujtaH peHruS QIn.

  I've let this sit a while before responding to it.  I didn't want
  to respond before cooling down a bit; I certainly don't want to
  fan any flames.  But peHruS's message still irritates me greatly.

ja' peHruS:
>I did not offer the extra pages to MO.  He saw me writing and asked me about
>them.  When I said that I had already submitted my wished-for words to you
>but was making a list of other concepts I hoped we could cover someday in the
>future, MO commanded me to give him the pages, indicating he would do what he
>could...

wa' nuvvaD neH bIjangchugh, nuvvetlhvaD neH QIn Dalab 'e' poQ tIgh.
HochvaD bIlabta'mo', qajang 'e' laDlaHmeH Hoch HochvaD vIlab je.

  If you're responding to only one person, it's customary to send
  your reply to that person only.  Since you posted to the list,
  I'll do the same so that everyone can read my answer to you.

vIt DajIrmoH.  qatlh ngoD DabuSHa'chu'?  tetlh tInqu' Daqonpu'.  qay'bejbe'
ta'vam neH; rut mu'mey DIHutlhbogh vIngu' je jIH.  'ach Daqay'moH -- tetlh
laDmeH Okrand'e' 'oH Damuch jay'.  Data'pu'DI' latlh DaqonchoHlaw'.  bIle'
'e' DaQublaw'.

  That's an interesting spin, but you entirely missed the point.
  The fact is that you compiled that enormous list of personally-
  desired words in the first place.  By itself, that's no big deal;
  I occasionally write down words which aren't in the lexicon myself.
  But you sure tried to turn it into a big deal -- you handed your
  list off to someone in hopes that it would be forwarded on to Marc
  Okrand.  And it seems that as soon as you had done that, you
  immediately began compiling another list.  It's as if you consider
  yourself somehow special.

mu' tetlh ngaSbogh nav vIlegh.  tetlhlIj 'oHlaw'.  'utbe' HochHom; Doghlaw'
neH 'op.  rut wot DaneH; rut DIp DaneH.  qech neH Datlhob'a'?  ghobe' --
reH mu''e' DapoQ.   rut tlhIngan Hol mu' Dachuplaw' SoH jay'.  ngoDvetlh
vItu'DI' SIbI' navmey vIroQ 'ej vIbuSHa'.  QIntlheghvam vIlaDpa',
tetlhvetlh vIqawqa'pu'be'.

  I assume the list I saw in passing was yours.  It was riddled with
  words for ideas we can already express, and contained a few that
  seemed totally pointless.  And it was always specific *words* being
  requested -- sometimes a noun, sometimes a verb -- instead of just
  concepts that you wanted to be able to talk about.  It looked like
  there were even suggested Klingon spellings for some of the words!
  When I saw that, I immediately dropped and disregarded the papers,
  and indeed had forgotten about them until now.

DaH bIH vIlIjqa'.  vIjanglu'chugh, tlhIngan Hol neH vIqIm.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level