tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 11 17:21:38 2001

Re: Reply to SarrIS

In a message dated 4/11/2001 3:18:28 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> peHruS, I would heavily recommend that if you wish to ask Okrand for more
> vocabulary, you do a better job of prioritizing your request than you did
> last time when you handed in about seven pages of suggested words you
> wanted Okrand to provide for you. When, as one of half a dozen people
> surprised by the honor of being declared matlh jupna', I was offered the
> priviledge of requesting a word for Maltz to add to our vocabulary, I felt
> like I was cheating to ask for a PAIR of words instead of just one, and
> even then, I didn't pick my own word as much as I passed along a request
> someone else came up with that I simply agreed would be useful, yet there
> you were with over a hundred requested words. When I asked if any of them
> should get a higher priority, you just said they were all important and you
> wanted them all passed on to Okrand. Cheeky of you.

I did not offer the extra pages to MO.  He saw me writing and asked me about
them.  When I said that I had already submitted my wished-for words to you
but was making a list of other concepts I hoped we could cover someday in the
future, MO commanded me to give him the pages, indicating he would do what he
could.  At no time did he make any promises.  Still, I, too, was surprised he
requested so much material.  I was pleased, though, that he took them.  I did
not expect anyone to consider any of those concepts to be more important than
the few we had each chosen for the official wish list.

I shall be happy with any new words we get, whenever we get them.  Of course,
I admit that I am anxious for anything from MO.

peHruS

Back to archive top level