tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 13 15:54:14 2001

Re: Reply to SarrIS

DaH ghu' vIyajchoH. rInDI' qep'a', *Okrand*vaD tulmeH tetlh vIlabmeH
De'wI'wIjDaq mu'mey vIqonnIS. tInqu'mo' peHruS tetlh, vIqonpa' *Okrand*
vItlhob. jIjatlh <<tetlhvam DaneH'a'? tInqu'. vIjonmeH poH nI' poQlu', 'ach
DaneHchugh vIjonqangchu'. DaneHbe'chugh poHwIj vInatlh vIneHbe'.
DaneH'a'?>> [Does {ngav} include carpel tunnel syndrome?]

mujang *Okrand*. jatlh <<tetlhvetlh vIneHbe'bej. yIjonQo'.>>

tetlh neHbe' 'e' vIyaj, 'ach DIchna'Daj vIyajbe'. DaH jIyajchoH. peHruS
latlh tetlh leghpu' *Okrand*. ghaytan boHchoH.

DuQaHlu'meH vay' Datlhobchugh vaj nuvvam DavuvnIS. Qatlhbogh Qu' Dogh
DachenmoHchugh nuvvam DavuvHa'law'.

SarrIS

> From: [email protected]
> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:21:21 EDT

> In a message dated 4/11/2001 3:18:28 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>

>> peHruS, I would heavily recommend that if you wish to ask Okrand for
>> more  vocabulary, you do a better job of prioritizing your request than
>> you did  last time when you handed in about seven pages of suggested
>> words you  wanted Okrand to provide for you. When, as one of half a
>> dozen people  surprised by the honor of being declared matlh jupna', I
>> was offered the  priviledge of requesting a word for Maltz to add to our
>> vocabulary, I felt  like I was cheating to ask for a PAIR of words
>> instead of just one, and  even then, I didn't pick my own word as much
>> as I passed along a request  someone else came up with that I simply
>> agreed would be useful, yet there  you were with over a hundred
>> requested words. When I asked if any of them  should get a higher
>> priority, you just said they were all important and you  wanted them all
>> passed on to Okrand. Cheeky of you.
>>

> I did not offer the extra pages to MO.  He saw me writing and asked me
> about  them.  When I said that I had already submitted my wished-for
> words to you  but was making a list of other concepts I hoped we could
> cover someday in the  future, MO commanded me to give him the pages,
> indicating he would do what he  could.  At no time did he make any
> promises.  Still, I, too, was surprised he  requested so much material.
> I was pleased, though, that he took them.  I did  not expect anyone to
> consider any of those concepts to be more important than  the few we had
> each chosen for the official wish list.
>
> I shall be happy with any new words we get, whenever we get them.  Of
> course,  I admit that I am anxious for anything from MO.
>
> peHruS

Back to archive top level