tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 10 22:22:07 2001

Re: Money?

> jatlh  DloraH:
> "Well, don't count on making money writing in the Klingon language; but I
> will say that learning klingon can still be beneficial.  I learned more
> English while studying Klingon than I did during all of high school......"

ditto.
It started as a goof. I wanted to count aloud in aerobics in a language nobody
else in the class understood, and make them guess which language it was.
I don't know how exactly I got to this point, but now, several years later, I
find myself flipping through flash cards at 3 am, trying to grok the differences
between obstruents and continuants,  fricatives and affricates. If it wasn't for
getting TKD as a joke gift all those years ago, and enduring the jibes of my
"cool" friends making fun of this "useless hobby" I'd never have met my
linguistics prof and had such a good time "wasting" effort in the challenge of
learning.. Not only that, but as a newbie student at UAA, the Admin folks
finally bugged me enough that I actually got off my butt and took the GED test
(passed)
                                                pIl'o'

Back to archive top level