tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 10 19:27:30 2001

RE: Money?

>>Well good luck with  it - but you might do better to put your brain to
those
>>uses which are more likely to make you some money, in my view.
>>
>>There are lots - but Klingon language is not one.
>>
>>James
>
> ..., I'd like to be a writer. I thought that it would be nice if I could
write in
> Klingon too. Getting it? Then that could make money in... 3-5 years,
> Zelda

Well, don't count on making money writing in the Klingon language; but I
will say that learning klingon can still be beneficial.  I learned more
English while studying Klingon than I did during all of high school; good
communication skills are useful in the workplace.  Also, learning Klingon
exercises the mind, improving your mental abilities; learn to open your mind
in order to solve problems ("How do I translate ...").  It has also exposed
me to cultures, history, and literature that I otherwise would not have been
exposed to.

This would be true learning any language.

DloraH

Back to archive top level