tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 09 08:18:38 2001

RE: Proverb-KLBC

quraq said:

> > Hoch `ebmey tIjon
> > Capture all opportunities
> >
> > To me this seems simlar to
> > Seize the Day
> > whats your opinion,

Both proverbs quoted here (quraq's and Eduardo's) are grammatically correct.
According to my dictionary, "Seize the day" (Carpe diem) means something
like "enjoying pleasures of the moment, without concern for the future".
{Hoch 'ebmey tIjon}, on the other hand, says that you should take advantage
of every opportunity you encounter, and not ignore them.

Eduardo replied:

> jIlojQu' vISopchu'
>
> ghIlab ghewmey tIbuSQo'
> is the same of latin expression: Aquilę non caput muscas

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by your first sentence here.  I
assume that you intended to write the verb suffix {-qu'}, rather than {Qu'}
at the end of {jIloj}. If so, then I read it as:

{jIlojqu', vISopchu'} "I am all gone, I ate it completely."

Is this what you intended to say?

- taD