tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 06 09:23:36 2001

RE: KLBC: Qov qeqmeH mu'tlheghmey

Not to address everything here, but one thing that beginners often do and
more experience speakers forget to notice is that verbs with {-meH} ALWAYS
PRECEED WHAT THEY MODIFY. Other Type 9 suffixes can preceed or follow the
main clause, but since a verb with {-meH} can modify either the main verb or
a noun, its position is a lot more important and less optional. It preceeds
what it modifies, so if you put it at the end of a sentence, you have made a
mistake.

yaj'a'?

SarrIS

                ^^^^^^^^^

> vIlughmoHDI', jIngongnISqa'.
>
> [But if I test inconclusively, then the experiment has seemingly
> failed.  I can't say one way or the other.  My experiment's procedures
> are insufficient.  So, as soon as I correct my procedures, I need to
> experiment again.]

> quS'a'Qob bu', qa'rIl puqloD

Back to archive top level