tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 05 17:50:29 2001

Re: NRO latlh

lab SuStel

> jIHvaD QaDwI'lIj yInob.

Umm, isn't a towel more of a QaDmoHwI' than a QaDwI'?

In my startling similar answer, right down to the cultural commentary on
water buffalos, towels and polite requests, *I* misspelled QaD as qaD, (the
new definition of Qov mu' should be "a word containing at least one
substitution of slightly similar letters OR a missing S or w") so the poor
guy now can ask for a challenger and a dry thing.  Hope he doesn't run into
any water buffalo on his way home.

P.S.  Thanks for explaining the joke.  I thought it was just a complete
non-sequitur.  The obvious answer, if anyone ever asks for a QaDmoHwI'
under such circumstances, is ghobe', SuD.

Qov

Back to archive top level