tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 08 22:10:30 2000

RE: The Daily Show

ja' SuSvaj:
>...Krankor was great!  I also have to admit that the interviewer
>wasn't too bad.  Often times the daily show can be mercilessly mocking of
>their subjects.

At first, I was pleasantly surprised at how they didn't go out of their way
to make fun of us.  Then I thought that perhaps that's because we're
already too silly for words and I'm just too blind to see it. :-)

Seriously, I think the KLI was presented pretty much as it is.  There were
a few minor things thrown in just for laughs, of course, which I accept as
perfectly appropriate given the context in which the story appeared.  But I
am very disappointed that the closed captioners chose to say "[KLINGON
GIBBERISH]" whenever a line included even a single word of Klingon.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level