tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 08 04:58:45 2000

RE: KLBC: voqara bangwI' Dun

jIjatlhHa' jIH:

> > Welcome to the list, Qo'to!

jang Qo'to:

> <<:-{))))) It's the 3rd year that I'm on the list......

As I said before, I have a hard time remembering names.. I'm good at
remembering faces though! I didn't recognize the name so I assumed you had
just joined the list recently.
Hagh qoHpu' neH HeghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'.

> Thank you!
> BTW: How do we say it in klingon?

There is a verb {tlho'}, which means "thank". So you can say {qatlho'} (I
thank you), which is {qa-} (I - you) plus {tlho'} (thank).
> However, Klingons don't use it as frequently as we do in English.

If you want to express your satisfaction with something, instead of saying
{qatlho'} (I thank you), you could say {maj} (Good!).
For example, if 2 English speakers were talking, and one gave the other a
gift:
Human A: Accept these stuffed to'baj legs.
Human B: Thank you!

But 2 Klingon speakers probably wouldn't use "Thank you" in this situation:
Klingon A: to'baj 'uS lughoDlu'bogh tIlaj. [where {to'baj 'uS lughoDlu'bogh}
is "to'baj leg(s) that have been stuffed"]
Klingon B: maj. ["Good", expressing satisfaction]

- taD

Back to archive top level