tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 23 14:06:44 2000

Re: plurals (was Re: Grammar Highlight Each Day)

In a message dated 11/22/2000 2:45:27 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> There is also the term "corporate nouns."  Although these occur in Klingon,
> they are not discussed with this terminology.

Oh boy.  TKD p. 64 comes close:  The whole construction (relative clause plus
head noun), as a unit, is used in a sentence as a noun.

Since corporate nouns cover a broader range than MO refers to in TKD in the
section about relative clauses, I will get to them in a separate "highlight."

peHruS

Back to archive top level