tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 23 14:03:33 2000

Re: Grammar Highlight Each Day: analepsis

In a message dated 11/22/2000 2:38:31 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Some time in the past Seqram~ has written about a term known as analepsis.

An analeptic medicine is one which reinvigorates, strengthens.  I cannot find
anything else in my English dictionary which reveals insight into this
[grammar] term, analepsis.

Apparently the term as ~Seqram used it to refer to the Klingon language means
that a pronoun refers back to the a previuosly stated subject of a verb.

peHruS

Back to archive top level