tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 16 17:17:47 2000

Grammar Highlight Each Day

Disclaimer:  This post includes a couple of words which are not found in TKD.
 Marc Okrand being the authority, the creator of the language, and the author
of TKD did not use them.  I use them here to explain beyond the explanations
given in TKD. The words are "conjugation" and "transitive."

The conjugation of transitive verbs, meanwhile indicating a third-person
object, follows.  Be aware that Klingon has more verb pronominal prefixes
that are presented in this table.  This table covers only third-person object.

I use the verb {legh} "sees."  The conjugation remains the same for any
transitive verb.

vIlegh = I see him, her, it, them
Dalegh = you (sing.) see him, her, it them
legh = he, she, it sees him, her, it, them
wIlegh = we see him, her, it
DIlegh = we see them
bolegh = you (pl.) see him, her, it, them
lulegh = they see him, her, it
legh = they see them

Refer to TKD for more explanations.  Yes, there is a bigger table of prefixes
there.  This highlight does not mention the other prefixes.

Later, peHruS

Back to archive top level