tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 18:16:58 2000

Re: nonliteral translation

In a message dated 11/15/2000 7:33:02 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< the english sentence with "with" can also mean that the children
 are hitting her by THROWING the sticks at her.  or the children
 are hitting the woman who HAS sticks.  and there are probably
 other meanings that elude me at the moment.
 lay'tel SIvten >>

The Grammar Highlight is intended to pinpoint one grammar point in a set of
example sentences.  It is not intended to explain everything that is
happening in any of the sentences.  For example, I do not keep reiterating
that the sentence word order is OVS.

peHruS

Back to archive top level