tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 13:05:36 2000

Qutlh (RE: Weighing in on Du')

naQSej:
> The trouble is we are in the dark.  We don't even know that Klingons
> actually use a body part word for the supports of furniture, let along
> that it is "leg", just as Klingons describe those handles on pots as
> elbows, and in English we don't (though we might use "arms" or
> "ears").

Since no one has suggested an alternative to {'uS} (unless I
missed it), I will.  Why not use {raS QutlhwI'mey} "table
supporters" and avoid the whole business of "body part"izing
an non-body part.

{Qutlh} was pulled from the new words list:
/tlh/newwords.html

Qutlh
     (v) support [BoP Poster]

Would someone with the BoP Poster please confirm that this does
indeed mean "support (v)" in the sense of one structure withstanding
the weight/pressure put on it by another structure, like I think it
does?

--
De'vID