tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 11 14:39:43 2000

RE: ghIqtal

DloraH:
> KGT p49
> -neS implies suicide
>
> While I'm in the Army waiting to fight for peoples' consitutional
> rights, I certainly use -chu', not -neS.  With -chu', it could be
> your own death, but you hope it's the other guy.  I'm prepared to
> Suvchu' for your freedom of speech; I'm not quite prepared to SuvneS
> or HubneS (at least not until I'm older and about to go into
> retirement, like qenq, qolotlh, and qor.

Then you'll enjoy this next quote:

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the
other bastard die for his.
						-- General George Patton

I'm still working on it, but here's what I've got:

{veS ghoblu'taHvIS, SeplIjvaD bIHegh 'e' DaHechbe';
SepDajvaD Hegh latlh petaQ 'e' DaHech.}

I'm having a little trouble with recasting "The object (goal)
of something is not such-and-such, etc."  Also I don't really
like the {DaHech} "you intend that...", because I'm not saying
"*your* object in war" but "*the* object in war..."

HIboQ!

--
De'vID