tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 29 13:22:58 2000

Re: Raise your betleH to the stars.....

qe'San:
> However, would it also apply to one who, whilst they possessed honour
> because they lived their life by its principles, had not actually been
> honoured?

Good question.  Does /quv/ mean "to innately have honour, whether
it is recognized or not", or does it mean "to be explicitly honoured,
i.e. recognized as honourable by others"?  I've wondered that myself
on occasion when trying to use the word.

Is Voragh around to give us the canon on /quv/?

> No one has commented on my use of lurgh [towards the Stars - Hovmey lurgh
> (?spatial direction of the Stars?)] Can I assume I've used it correctly?

How about just /HovmeyDaq/?  /Hovmey lurghDaq/ seems a bit redundant.

I think /HovmeyDaq betleHlIj yIpep 'ej Hoch quvwI'pu'vaD yay yImaq!/
has a nice ring to it.
--
De'vID