tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 31 11:51:15 2000

Re: Raise your betleH to the stars.....

As to the use of lurgh  and pep:

> De'vID wrote:
>> qe'San wrote:
>> No one has commented on my use of lurgh [towards the Stars - Hovmey lurgh
>> (?spatial direction of the Stars?)] Can I assume I've used it correctly?
>
> How about just /HovmeyDaq/?  /Hovmey lurghDaq/ seems a bit redundant.
>
> I think /HovmeyDaq betleHlIj yIpep 'ej Hoch quvwI'pu'vaD yay yImaq!/
 > has a nice ring to it.
 > --
> De'vID

Although I want to make the phrase as concise as possible. I thought that -Daq was used by itslf when something was happening at/to/in the noun it was attached to..  As I was only trying to infer the direction to thrust in and we have a word for spatial direction, I felt this an appropriate place to use it.
Or to put it another way. I was describing an action, where the location of the action was occurring in one place but in a direction rather than at somewhere else or going towards or at somewhere else.

Would the verb pep actualy inpicitley imply a direction and therfore not require qualification.  If that is the case then I agree -Daq might suffice.

Forgetting my phrase for a moment, especially if it is wrong, what is the correct way to use it? (for the moment I can't locate the canon).

Qapla'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
qe'San
The D.I.M. Commander