tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 29 10:48:45 2000

RE: Raise your betleH to the stars.....

Thanks.. I agree your suggestion is more succinct. It also rolls off the
tongue better and  It gets around the problems highlighted by DLoraH.

However, would it also apply to one who, whilst they possessed honour
because they lived their life by its principles, had not actually been
honoured?

No one has commented on my use of lurgh [towards the Stars - Hovmey lurgh
(?spatial direction of the Stars?)] Can I assume I've used it correctly?

qe'San

>From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
>
> ja' qe'San:
>"Raise your betleH to the stars and proclaim victory for all whom have
>honour"
>
>One small vocabulary suggestion:  the verb {quv} "be honored" seems
>slightly more succinct than the phrase {batlh ghaj} "have honor".
>
>{...Hoch quvwI'pu'vaD yay yImaq}
>
>-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level