tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 26 15:52:28 2000

patlh

KGT p52 explains klingon rank.
It states that there are nine ranks (for officers).
The ranks, "each given with its usual Federation Standard Translation:"
'aj - admiral
Sa' - general
totlh - commodore
'ech - brigadier
etc...

Now, in our military, an admiral doesn't outrank a general.  They are the
same rank, just in different branches of service (navy/army).

So... is klingon rank really ['aj, Sa', totlh, ...] and MO simply had
difficulty assigning english to them, or is the system similar to ours and
'aj and Sa' are equal but in different divisions of the force?

I'm trying to get some klingon groups to use this rank instead of U.S. Navy
rank.

DloraH

Back to archive top level