tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 22 11:30:17 2000

Re: Klingon Academy

jatlh ghunchu'wI'
> One of the problems is that a "one who (tells myths)" translation treats
> {wIch} as the object of {ja'}, but we've consistently seen that {ja'} has
> as its object the person being spoken to, not the thing spoken.  For the
> phrase "tell a myth", the appropriate verb would be {jatlh}, not {ja'}.

I believe that was my original question.

And still I'm saying that as long as there is no case
where *in English* the two phrases "one who verbs object"
and "verber of object" are different, it's no use sweating
over how to *read* {noun verb-wI'} *if* the noun makes sense
as an object of {verb} (otherwise it obviously has to be
"verber of noun").

qar'a'?

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq