tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 22 11:26:51 2000

jagh / "enemy" in Basque

Recently I was thinking about how different languages take account of different facts. I remembered Voragh's comments about {boH} and Klingon feelings, and it recalled me a curiosity about Basque language.

There are three ways to say "enemy" in Basque:

- arerio: this is the general word.

- etsai: country's enemy during a war, this word includes the meaning of hostility to a collective.

- izterbegi: enemy refering to one person, saying this word there's a personal enmity.

And Klingon language? How does {tlhIngan Hol} refers to an enemy? As far as I now there's just one word, {jagh}, and it doesn't include more meanings...

Perhaps Okrand could discover additional words about it in the future, I just hope he doesn't suffer Klingon foul mood...

	ghaHbe'wI'

http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en espaņol.

Back to archive top level