tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 30 09:12:09 2000

RE: Klingon WOTD: jIH (v)

Holtej 'utlh:
> We also have a noun, {jIH}, which means "viewing screen, monitor."  We do
> have canon for this: {motlh ray' luSamlaHmeH De' Qatlh cha' tlhIngan Duj
> jIH'a'} "the main viewer on a Klingon ship is usually overlaid with a
> complex target acquisition grid."  (Translation as provided on the Skybox
> trading card, SP3).

Could /motlh ray' luSamlaHmeH De' Qatlh cha' tlhIngan Duj jIH'a'/
be legally parsed as:

"Usually, in order for complex information to find targets,
am I two Klingon ships?"

(Even if the sentence is semantically meaningless, could it
nevertheless be parsed that way?)

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
The official site of the Star Trek universe

Back to archive top level