tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 15 15:16:04 2000

Re: elements

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Pillow wrote:

> I was looking up a word and noticed <bIQSIp> as hydrogen.  water-gas. cool.
> then I found <yInSIp> as oxygen. life-gas. groovy.
> <voQSIp> is nitrogen, but choke-gas doesn't fit the pattern, as we breath it
> and it makes up a great deal of our atmosphere.
> Or does it?    although it's not poisonous, it won't support oxygen breathers,
> and causes "the bends" under pressure. Are there any more substances that
> follow a similar pattern?           pIl'o'

I'm no canon master (I leave that to Voragh) but I imagine terms for other
elements could be derived in a similar manner. <qulnagh>, "fire-stone" for
sulfur, for example.

Odd about nitrogen. I'd associate <voQSIp> more with chlorine.

quljIb

Back to archive top level