tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 07 08:36:43 2000

RE: KLBC/ tokonoma

jatlh taj'IH:

> Greetings to the Empire!

> We are preparing a tea ceremony for our next feast, mostly in
> Japanese style, with green tea to boot.

> Since we have a fairly large tent, I can set up a tokonoma = a
> Japanese niche containing a scroll with a statement or poetry
> appropriate to the season.

> The season in 6 weeks will still be quite coolish, which leads
> me to the statement:

> "Courage faces the cold" (We usually freeze at our open air
> events, this is Germany ;-)

> My effort at Hol is as follows:
> muD bIr ghob toDuj
> (Courage does battle on cold weather).

maj.

> Any suggestions?

I very much like yours. I'll suggest a few more for variety, but you'll
probably want to keep the one you came up with.

muD bIr SIQ toDuj - Courage bears the cold
muD bIr SIQvIpbe' toDuj - Courage is not afraid to bear the cold
muD bIr SIQqang toDuj - Courage is willing to bear the cold

> I will prepare a scroll written in pIqaD. BTW, running the
> pIqaD letters of a word together makes a decorative effect
> and saves space.

maj. If they remain distinct enough to stay readable, I bet it would make
for a very nice effect.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ