tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 04 23:24:36 2000

Re: KLIC - My thesis project

ja' charghwI':
>jIrlaHbogh telmey vIpongbe'. jIrnISbogh telmey vIpong.
>jIrbe'chugh pum Duj.
>= I don't call them wings which can rotate. I call them
>wings that must rotate. If they don't rotate, the ship
>falls.

teHnISbe' ngoDHeyvam.  muDDaq nom vIHtaHchugh Duj, puvlaHqu'.
Saq 'e' nIDchugh, ghaytan SaqHa', 'ach pumnISbe'.

= Not necessarily.  A helicopter *can* remain airborne if it
= keeps moving fast.  It'll probably crash if it tries to land,
= but it doesn't have to fall.

>pong poD Danej.
>= You seek a clipped name.

"corkscrew" mu' wIHutlhmo', pong ngaj wImughlaHbe'.
meq vIQIjta'chugh, chaq <HuSwI'> vIper.  'ach jISaHbe'.

= Since there's no word for "corkscrew", we can't translate the short name.
= If I had explained my reasoning, I might call it {HuSwI'} "hanger".
= But it doesn't matter.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level