tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 29 08:58:35 2000

Re: obtuse question

In a message dated 6/28/00 12:57:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< >Is there something more neutral, that could
 >indicate that the divorce was on amicable terms (very un-Klingon-like),
 >or that both parties equally agreed to it?

 chenHa' tlhogh.

What about <chev> "separate"?

ben law' machev                 -- "We separated many years ago"
ben law' machev rIntaH jay'  -- "We separated many years ago, and I ain't
goin' back!"

 >(Is there a way to say "to marry" that is gender-neutral?)

 Not in Klingon, so far as we know.

True, but I can think of a poetic way to express it:

<tay'> -- "be together"

Sutay'jaj                -- "May you be together"
Sutay'taHjaj*          -- "May you continue to be together"
nem law' Sutay'jaj*  -- "May you be together for many years to come"
reH Sutay'jaj*         -- "May alsways be together"

*Note: these could be considered curses. =)

Also:

not Sutay'jaj  --  "May you never separate"

And my personal favorite:

Sto'vo'Kor-Daq matay'qa'. vI'Ip.  --  "We will be together again in
Sto'vo'Kor. I swear it."

quljIb
be'nalwI' ghongbogh petaQ vIHoH 'e' vI'Ip jay'!!!

Back to archive top level