tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 28 12:42:05 2000

thunder and lightning

I've just helped a guy find a word for thunder (and lightning in the
process). I have stumbled on a question of my own doing that.

I've deduced <muDul'> for lightning and <muDmay' bom> for thunder.

TKD doesn't put the different nouns of a noun-noun construction
together. Have I erred in doing so? Should it be <muD ul'> and <muD may'
bom>?
And because I'm not very sure of myself at times: is muD may' bom a good
way to translate thunder?

PS: I don't read the tlhIngan-Hol list very often. Please send any
replies originating from there to me personally too.

--
Thorwald "qa'pIn" Peeters
thorkien @ xs4all . nl]

Back to archive top level