tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 15 00:04:57 2000

Re: KLBC: Hoch DaHjaj mu'mey vIwaH.

ja' Xardana:
>And I get the feeling that <<much>> means to "present music."

That sounds right to me.

>To me this implies an audience.

Klingon does seem to have words that stress the effect on a person rather
than an innate characteristic:  {na'}, for example.  {much} would indeed
imply someone to receive the presentation.

>What verb do I use for playing music for my enjoyment alone?

I don't see why you can't be the one enjoying the music if you're the one
playing it.  Maybe you're looking for something to describe the actual
physical process of creating the sounds from a musical instrument?  That
would be {chu'}, though that verb's object is the instrument itself and not
the music produced.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level