tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 14 17:53:15 2000

Re: Traditional Klingon Weddings

In a message dated 6/13/00 5:02:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Greetings.  I am in search of some stellar idea to do for my wedding next
>  year to add a spice of tlhIngan to the proceedings.  I will be saying my
> vows  in tlhIngan Hol and have the napkins with my and my fiance's name in
pIqaD.

>  I was looking for other suggestions that are practical without making it
> look like a farce.  Any canon references to traditional Klingon weddings
would be
>  appreciated.

Not exactly canon, but I've translated the words to Worf's and Dax's marriage
ceremony.  You can find it at

http://www.geocities.com/teresh_2000/tlhoghty.html

We didn't have {Qun} for "god" when I did it, so I used {qa' nuv}.  Other than
that, I think it holds up pretty well.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level