tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 04 08:11:42 2000

[KLBC] A poem

De'vID:
>"May you encounter Kahless in your dreams."
>/bInajtaHvIS qeylIS Daghomjaj./
>
>See if you can break this sentence into its parts.  It
>should be similar to what you're looking for.

 You wouldnt belive how that helped me De'vID. I Broke that down, and I think
that I finnaly understand how this whole object, verb, subject thing works.
So now I have:

/jInajta SoHtlhob jiDichDaqvaj./ I hope this is "Then I will ask you in a
dream". And the reason I didnt put all of the poem up at one time is because
I didnt want to seem like a moocher. I want to learn how to translate, not
just copy what you guys do, you know what I mean. But here is the first
stanza as I have now.

galeghDI',
tIq Doy', qa' Doy' je vIghaj.
Qu' vIta'nISbogh vISovbe',
jInajta SoHtlhob jiDichDaqvaj.

If you all taught me correctly, then that is correct. If not, tell me.

~Doq tera' loD

Back to archive top level