tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 01 10:57:19 2000

Re: SImwI'mey Sar

>> qen SImtIq vIchenmoH.  (qarbe' pongvetlh pab 'e' vISov, 'ach...)
>> brass baS vIlo'.  vI' Soch 'uj 'aD.  vI' wa' vagh 'uj juch.
>>
>> DaHjaj SImnaQ vIchenmoH.
>> mep 'och vIlo'.  vI' wa' wa' 'uj 'ab.
>> HolQeD wejmaH wejDaq qechvam much Joel Anderson.
>>
>> SKI:  abacus, slide rule, and some stick things, all for
>> calculating in the
>> klingon ternary base number system.  (I made them)
>
>SImtIq = abacus?  I don't get what /tIq/ represents here.
>SImnaQ = slide rule, or "stick thing"?  Either could be described
>         by /naQ/.
>
>tIQIj!
>
>De'vID

First note that these are names and are not grammaticly correct.

SImwI' tIQ  -  ancient calculater  -  abacus
SImtIq  -  SIm/calculate(v) + tIq/long(v)  -  slide-rule
SImnaQ  -  SIm + naQ/stick(n)  -  that thing Joel presented in last HolQeD

Where is SImwI' tIQ in my message?  It isn't.  The abacus has added to my
site last year, so I didn't talk about it, just listed it in the SKI.

DloraH

Back to archive top level