tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 31 10:48:54 2000

Re: Crossword 1

ghaHbe'wI' wrote:
: Here you have another challenge. That's my first Klingon crossword. I don't
: know if anyone before me did something similar, but, at least, I tried it!

Looks like fun.  I'll try it tonight after work.

: At first I wanted to name it as {X-chuq mu'mey} "words crosses", but I can't
: find any word fitting for "to cross", so it remains with its English name...
: suggestions for Klingon crossword's names are welcome!

I couldn't think of a good word for "cross, intersect, intercept, etc." either.

FYI: Glen Proechel and Ken Traft of the Interstellar language School came out
with *{pachmu'} "Clawword" (or Sqr'bl, a Klingon crossword [Scrabble] board
game).  I imagine others have come up with Klingon crosswords too, but I don't
know what they called them other than the generic {mu' Quj} or "word game".

: I'll post the solution next week. Meanwhile, I would be grateful if you
: comment, criticize (or praise!) this game. Apologies for any mistake in my
: English.

This list is for us to practice our Klingon, not our English.  But you don't
need to worry anyway; your English is quite good.

Just a thought... in view of the Klingon preference for threes, has anyone
tried devising a TRIANGULAR-shaped crossword puzzle (like a *klin zha* board,
or Klingon tactical displays)?  I'm not sure how you would indicate coordinates
for three intersecting lines of text, though.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level