tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 13 10:46:43 2000

Re: Submit to jatmey!

SuStel:
>/jatmey/ is the Klingon Language Institute's literary publication.  In it
>you will find poems, songs, and fiction, and all of them are entirely in
>Klingon!  You'll discover works on any topic imaginable: war, love, beauty,
>history, or even just a description of one's pet /targh/.

De'vID:
: What's the difference in function between jatmey and QQ, other than
: that one is printed and the other is online?  I know that HolQeD is
: more oriented towards academic, scholarly material.  Is there a
: difference in terms of the kinds of content expected for jatmey
: and QQ, and if I have a poem or whatever[*], how do I decide where to
: send it?

I'm sure Lawrence and Sustel will tell you more but yes, there is a difference
between the KLI's three publications, both in content and frequency:

/jatmey/ is a printed literary organ for original belles lettres in Klingon:
poetry, fiction (short stories), plays, etc.  It's published once a year -
usually mailed out in January.

/HolQeD/ is the KLI's printed journal for news and articles about the Klingon
language and the Klingon language community in English.  It's published every
three months: March, June, September, December.

/Qo'noS Qonos/ is more of a popular online magazine containing short articles
on a variety of subjects in Klingon.  Off the top of my head I remember reading
reviews of Star Trek books and computer games, an editorial on US politics, a
discussion of Elian Gonzales and cartoons.  It usually appears at www.kli.org
usually at the beginning of every month.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level